Thursday, July 8, 2010

LeDrama Mama James

Out of the four people or so that have actually seen my opinions about LeBron on this blog you know I have never been a fan. Sure I have respect for him for coming out of high school and immediately making an impact in the NBA and turning around the Cleveland Cavaliers, but for some reason I've never felt he really deserved all the hype. I watched him play twice at the United Center and both times throughout the entire game all he did was look into the stands to make sure that everybody was watching him like a attention craving puppy. Now he has played seven seasons in the NBA and is 25 and as he said in his interview tonight is a "man." However, for some reason he needs to have a 1 hour special dedicated to him telling those interested where he is heading next year. While it is honorable that the contributions from those advertising during ESPN's "the decision" are going to the boys and girls clubs to the cities that were involved in this whole process, it still makes me wonder was all this attention really necessary. Michael Jordan, the greatest player to ever step on the basketball court, informed the Chicago Bulls that he was returning to the team with a fax that said two words, "I'm Back." Now granite times have changed and the media is much more involved in everything I can't help but wonder if in the future we are going to get players like Troy Murphy holding a two day press conference and interview session on why he has decided to resign with the Pacers.

I will always have a Chicago bias, but I still feel that the Bulls were the best TEAM for LeBron to go to. I would cast my hatred aside while he graced the United Center with his presence, but the minute he got off the property I would go back to hating him again. The Bulls organization is most well known for drafting a certain 6'6 player coming from the University of North Carolina and building a team around him. The Cavaliers were trying to do much the same. Apparently now LeBron is willing to take a pay cut to play for the Miami Heat....WELL THEN WHY DIDN'T HE DO THAT WITH THE CAVALIERS??? If he would have taken a pay cut there they could have afforded to bring in other big name players. Jamison was not a smart move, but it showed progress. LeBron's transformation to a member of the Miami Heat just goes to show that this guy is human. For the first time in his career LeBron is going to have an entire city/state/nation hating a choice he has made which will ultimately cause a loss of respect. He has been booed before when playing in opposing teams stadiums, but I don not think he has any idea of how poor of a decision this was and will be in the future. Sure maybe they will grab a couple championships, but at least those that were considered to be the greatest of all times made the players around them better. They didn't need to get bought into a situation, they used what was put around them to make the TEAM better.

Closing Notes. If next year when Carmelo's contract is up he even contemplates going to the Heat I am officially picketing the NBA. The game was finally back to where no matter what game you went to see you could watch an incredible player on your team and another outstanding player on the other, but if it just turns into four or five teams with 4 or plus all stars the league will turn into a joke and lose all the progress it has made since the Jordan dynasty was over. Either way LeBron you're an idiot, I really don't like your demeanor and frankly you have made a life long NBA fan and admirer question whether or not to follow it anymore. As my parents have said in the past, LeBron I'm not mad at you I'm just disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment